Marrakech Wedding Cakes - Zamzam Riad

I have just survived an exhausting weekend of wedding cake making. Two quite different cakes and I must say the first was a real labour of love as each layer was different. Chocolate devils food cake, Madeira and Red Velvet. It has been unusually hot in Marrakech so I had real dramas with the fondant icing too which insisted on sticking to everything. I then had an hour trip on a horrendous dirt track to deliver this cake to the Marrakech Desert. It took 3 of us to deliver it as we bounced around in my 4 wheel drive with me shouting bump.
This more contemporary cake was a bit easier as it was all Madeira however the stiff Moroccan ribbon was no easy fight. All in all I think they turned out ok.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco