Photos from France

Sorry it has been quite a while since I have last written on my blog, unusual for me, but I have been ill for 6 weeks and am now left with chronic asthma! We had a real heatwave this summer in Marrakech it was 53 celsius when we left. We had decided this year to drive to France not fly and have a few nice stop offs en route to sample a few boutique hotels. Unfortunately 4 days before we were due to leave and head to the ferry at Tangier I came down with a terrible temperature and acute laryngitis that was so bad it made me cry when i swallow, I had had a weeks stomach bug before this. The trip was hard work as I spent each night in the lobby of a hotel, coughing and coughing, not ideal. I eventually ended up in a Spanish hospital for 5 hours with an oxygen mask and steroid shots, then several times with French doctors and then a hospital in London and then we drove home. Not all bad though, I thought I would show you some photos of the village lunch which is held each year in Lamberniere, where my parents live in France and where we go on holiday each August for a family get together.
My father has been extremely busy this summer making, mainly chutney but he made this wonderful elderflower wine which we took to the lunch with us.
The wood for the bbq from the local vines.
A clever portable bbq where everyone cooked their own meat. It was a very succesful lunch and the weather was glorious.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco