A Moroccan Birthday - Party Marrakech

We waited for the guests with anticipation, will they come? they are a bit late? We are in Morocco I told myself and then to order 10 cars pulled up at the same time. The party began.

My daughter had a wonderful Birthday party this weekend. It was a perfect day, the weather not scorching hot so that all the little girls could enjoy the pool.
I managed to make her a Barbie Birthday cake, which I must confess, I am a little impressed with myself for pulling it off. Luckily the Barbie was a cheap imitation so we didn't have to cut off her legs, just pulled them off and put them in the cutlery draw for later. Making the fondant icing was a tall order but we pulled it off! you cannot buy it pre-made in Morocco.
The Marrakech Birthday was made complete with camels, belly dancing and desert nomad, plus of course chocolate fondue.
The perfect day was finished off with a lovely full moon full of Eastern Promise.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco