Zamzam Garden - Marrakech

I walked through the garden cutting roses, coriander, pulling beetroot and had a moment. I thought, I've been waiting my whole life to provide like minded people with energetic, tasty natural food and flowers that smell and look like flowers. We have forgotten what real things look like. I felt absolute satisfaction in that moment and have even started to get the Moroccan team who work with us excited. Wow that's from the garden they say. The girls in the kitchen at Zamzam seem really proud using the garden grown vegetables and they taste amazing. Garden to plate, seasonal, no refrigeration units, no storage, no chemicals no long hall flight. We have planted the tomato plants with the roses (organic gardening) its meant to help pest control and I noticed loads of pretty lady birds today munching through the green fly. Maybe my Eco system is really starting to work. I have an awful lot of ants though and they are starting to eat my artichokes and roses. Any one any ideas??
The bougainvillea is out of this world this year, we use to add some romance to the bedrooms and bathrooms.
This is Lilly Rose, she turned up with her big fella when the juicy lettuces sprouted. I spend my whole time moving her out of the veg patch and my daughter keeps putting her back to have dinner!! She's so pretty I can't get rid of her. You would think she would move on the way JoJo keeps munching her shell.
Gorgeous artichokes, we are going to pickle them raw in olive oil, garlic and lemon again this year. They were delicious in our green salads.

ps the first two courgettes were picked today, yipeeeeeeeeeee.

Book into Zamzam for lunch, dinner or some excellent cooking courses.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco