Zamzam gets a bache - Moroccan Riad Roof

It seems like ages since I have done a post, I'm so sorry but Christmas and New Year at Zamzam has been busy busy. Just before Christmas we had a very cold patch for Marrakech, with a thick frost in the mornings. I think you can see how cold and clear it is in these photos. As we had a full Riad for Christmas we decided we had to get a roof on the riad, which involved making a little color for the palm tree. These temporary roofs that most guesthouses have in the winter are brilliant at keeping in the warmth, they totally transform the Riad in the winter into a cosy house. I had great intentions of Happy Christmas to you all but I picked up my parents from the airport on 23 December and then spent the rest of Christmas in bed with the flu!
Anyhow HAPPY NEW YEAR - I hope you all have a great 2009.
My wonderful Christmas decorations are somewhat trapped but it was worth it.
Attaching the roof.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco