Stunning vintage Azilal at the Zamzam Boutique

A gentleman wanted to buy an Azilal from Zamzam this week and when I arrived at the Riad to pick it up Marcus had sold it. Hating to disappoint I got out and about made some calls and these beauties are some of what I found. Luckily the gentleman has happily chosen one. If you are interested in these beautiful Berber creations click on the Zamzam Boutique link to view the current stock. Payment is by paypal.
I love the rich brown in this one.
These carpets are finer and more velvety than the Beni Ouarain which tend to be woolly and chunky.
By the way I forgot to tell you all that not only did I have flu over Christmas, but when my mother kindly offered to cook the Christmas dinner it was discovered that our helpful housekeeper had chopped up my special rib of beef joint and made a tagine!! Ba Humbug. When I finally got over this incident a few days later we did eat the tagine and it was exceptional. The bizarre thing is that Fatiya never usually cooks for us??
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco