Riad Drama

We have had a real drama in the riad, just before going on holiday! This bedroom and bathroom was finished, the painter was just about to paint it having prepped the walls. The plumber told us that he had checked all water flow in the Riad and that all evacuations were working perfectly.
Marcus decided to check himself and it turns out that 3 toilets, were not connected to any waste pipes!! The end result - digging up the newly laid floors, digging trenches, drilling through a metal plate to connect this toilet to its waste pipe. Photos not only showing the mess created in my newly tadelakt bathroom but also showing you pipes going nowhere. I now know why the palm is looking so fab this year. Although it is very stressful, all I can say is thank god we found it before the toilets started being used. I also thought I would show you a little glimpse of what goes on behind the scenes.
ps the plumber's been fired and I think Marcus might have burst his ear drum yelling at him!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco