Little Beni Beauties - Zamzam Boutique

Sorry I haven't posted for so long, I have just got back from a whirlwind trip to the UK. The extremes in temperatures have also taken their toll on me giving me a horrid cold, which I don't seem to be able to shift, something to do with the aircon at night I think!!

Recently I have had alot of enquiries for small Beni Ouarain carpets. These are quite difficult to find at the standard Beni Ouarain is 3 x 2 meters. I have been on a hunt this week for people and these are some of the smaller pieces I have added to Zamzam Boutique. Most of these smaller carpets are around 2m x 1.5m. They are beautifully woven and with top quality wool. A far cry from your european rugs, each piece unique in it's design believed to come directly from the Universe through the weaver.


I hope you love them as much as I do. The pretty last one is an Azilal, my favourite weave, soft and supple with a touch of eccentricity, they usually have colours on the back.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco