Zamzam Revamp

Well I am now truly getting on with the re-upholstery of the antiques I bought over from France for Zamzam Riad. It has been really difficult trying to find different fabrics for the rooms, something Moroccan but not too kitch. After all if you are staying in a Riad in the Medina of Marrakech you don't want to feel like you are in the UK, the whole Riad experience is also about everything in the Riad. I feel better now I've started as I've got something to work off now, whereas before it was a bit like the blind leading the blind, painting once you've chosen fabrics. It's bound to be somewhat eccentric it always is with me, but then I think Riads given their age and origin are excentric characters. I just can't wait for it to be finished now, the renovations of the Riad seem to be taking forever. Yesterday however the salon was finished with the mighty striped fireplace, and the sockets and switches are going into the rooms, the only one really holding us up is the carpenter. I can't even go there on that subject as I might be arrested. Just to let you know we are no longer friends!!
My expensive white chairs outside the upholsterers kiosk waiting for me to buy their fabric. Rose Suite, Berber Suite ............. I can't decide which rooms the pieces should go in.

The tapis mood board, carefully put up in his kiosk to let people know that he's the man. The only problem is these aren't photos of his work they are cut out of a magazine!! Well he's brilliant and works at 10 times the speed of the others. Hurrah for the tapis!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco