Upholstery Moroccan Style

I thought you might like to see these hilarious photos. Living here, scenes like this become normal, life until you have a moment of reality and stepping out of the situation you think how bizarre life is in Morocco. My upholsterer, came to collect my wonderful French antiques which I bought for the Riad, last summer in France. Look at the dogs peering into the van!
Firstly all the furniture was taken out of the house into the garden. Actually a huge relief as I am storing everything for the Riad in the Villa at the moment and It's getting a little cramped.
Dogs guarding one of the sofas.
Van loaded up and ready to go! As they drove off they laughed at me cheekily and said 'we should get good money for this at the souk!' Panic overcame me as I realised I didn't actually know where the new shop was that they had moved to. I snapped photo after frantic photo at the number plate, thinking it may be my only hope. I also wondered looking at the van whether the furniture would arrive in one piece.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco