Black Wedding Blankets - Morocco

A Director from Grazia Magazine in London, contacted me and asked if I could find her a large black wedding blanket. She had stayed at a luxury Riad in the Medina whilst on holiday where they had a black wedding blanket and on arriving home she longed for the one she had seen.

This turned out to be a tough hunt. I had never really noticed the black ones before and on searching for one, found a small one, but could not find a large one to fit a double bed. Eventually after a week of searching a contact bought me one from the Atlas Mountains. We made her some cushions too with the little blanket. The more I played with it in my house the more I loved it.
The funky cushion covers on my white hand stitched pouf. I think we will be having some of these in The Palm Suite at Zamzam Riad. Anyone fancy one send in a request............
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco