Moroccan Alley Cats

Yesterday morning I was marching through the souk, very early in the morning, when things haven't yet got going. I love the Medina at that time, you get to see real life scenarios. Breakfast is a very important ritualistic time for Moroccans.
As I came scooting round the corner, there was a marvelous scene of Medina cats waiting patiently for the butcher to open. All sitting like statues looking up at the shutter, by the time I got my camera out of my bag, the shutter was up and bits of meat where being thrown to each one. Breakfast at last!! what great rhythms the Medina has depending on the time of day.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco