Stunning handmade tiles of Morocco

Well as you already know i love these tiles, but even more so since Saturday. I went to my supplier's yard to pick tiles for the upstairs corridors. We wanted an interesting pattern but not so bold that it took over the riad. That's the problem with these tiles they are so gorgeous because of their striking bold colour variations but they do tend to take over as they make such a statement. So you have to work really hard at making them blend. These tiles are design leaders!

Anyone who knows me can imagine what happened, i ended up making my own tiles. I tell you it's fantastic I'd love to work there for a week, the variations of colour and design make these tiles very addictive. Marcus and I were there all morning, but have designed a tile for upstairs that we are very happy with.


Posted by PicasaSo the process: You select a metal mold or have one made to your design.
You choose your colours and squirt them into the mold with these funnel cups.
You then pack on top of the tile with concrete, sand and marble dust.
Then the tile is pressed in this heavy clamp. It is left for a day, then it is placed in a water tray to soak before allowing to dry in the sun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco