Gem of the Week

Well what can i say, I think these speak for themselves. The colours, the leather, the detail, the hand stitching! I stumbled across these yesterday when walking through the souk to pick up a carpet. After living in Marrakech for a while and visiting the souk alot, you seem to get this inbuilt radar. This skill of being able to scan stalls and shops at high speed, it is quite strange, especially when new visitors that you bring to the souk find it so difficult. My mother who has visited the souk at least 3 times gets so frustrated. She says it's so overwhelming and visually overpowering that she always comes away with nothing. Last time with great determination she even bought a list with her to try and stay focused, but alas it was hopeless as she then decided she didn't want those items anymore.



The souk is like the sea it's always moving and changing. New items appear every week and some of them real gems, like these children's slip ons. I think lots of visitors find this, which is why the Zamzam Boutique is going to be so important. Bringing you the best from the souk. It's much more pleasant strolling round the souk at your leisure and then buying in a calm environment. Of course there are always people like me who like to bargain and haggle, but even i get past it after a couple of hours. It is also very hard on first glance to separate the real stuff from the rubbish. My husband calls this - Getting Your Eye In.



These Alibabas are only in children's size at the moment but I have asked the owner to make me a pair in bronze. They come in the colours shown here, silver, red, gold and bronze. They have soles for outdoors. I absolutely love them, let me know what you think?
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

L'Abyssin - well healed Marrakech

Cooking a Tagine - Berber style

Gnawa or Knawa - Great Music Masters in Morocco